Sam's progress

A diary of my (probably mad) attempts to retrain an ex-racehorse.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Stress & Sarcoids

There seems to be a bit of a theme with me remembering to update this blog. As is evident I have not put anything up here for a while and it has been yet more problems with Samuel that have triggered me to add something. In the last couple of days he has managed to a) cut his leg and get it infected, b) have his back go again and c) and most worrying, develop three sarcoids in his groin area. The leg was quite blown up until the middle of this week but when I checked him yesterday that seems to have gone down so fingers crossed it is sorted. Anna the lovely physio is coming to see him next week for his back, which just leaves the horrible great lumps round his nether regions :( I rang the vets this morning to request a vet go out ASAP to check him over - as ever I got little joy as they are busy blah blah blah. But after reringing and emphasising just how stressed I am the vet should be going to see him in an hour or so. So I am sat at my desk at work stressing and waiting for the results to come back. From reading my BHS Veterinary Manual and various websites I am not sure if I am over reacting of if I really should start worrying. Not good at all. Will come back once I know what the initial answer is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home