Sam's progress

A diary of my (probably mad) attempts to retrain an ex-racehorse.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Must take my camera with me

Sam and I had our first jumping lesson on Wednesday and despite me being an utter wimp (well it has been 14 years since I jumped) he was fabulous. We started off with a trotting pole and one cross bar and my instructor slowly brought the second jump up. By the end of the session we were still coming in in trot (apparently it is much better for them in terms of training) and the jump had gone up to about 2"9. I know that isn't alot but when you haven't done it for so long and you are a bit of a chicken it seemed enormous! Anyway Samuel was fab and Lucy thinks he has the makings of a jumper because each time he ploughed a fence (steeplechasers are taught to go low and flat not neat and round :) he would then carefully place himself over it the next time. Apparently that is the sign of a good jumper ... so shall have to get my camera sorted for next week's escapades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home