Sam's progress

A diary of my (probably mad) attempts to retrain an ex-racehorse.

Friday, April 07, 2006

The road to recovery June to October 2005

In case you read the last post and thought "good grief this story is naff" I warn you it gets even more Disney! What I didn't mention earlier was that when I went out to pat the horses I did it on crutches as I had just got over the first of two operations to rebuild my knee after trashing it skiing (badly) earlier that year. So not only was I now the owner of a knackered racehorse that may never be sound again but I was in almost as bad shape as him! Anyway, after much discussion with the vet (about Sam rather than me) and a long rest in the field for him, and one more operation then rest for me we were both finally well enough to see if we would work as a riding partnership by October of 2005.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home